Hello my name is Debbie Dunwell, I am a trained Patient Advocate, specializing in seniors and palliative issues. I can help if your loved is living in a care facility and you are looking for:
- Someone to advocate for you or your loved one regarding care concerns in a potentially complicated medical system.
- Someone to offer advocacy, support, and information on care standards if you are looking at placing your loved in a care facility, or your loved one is already in a care facility.
- Someone to be your companion, to hear your concerns, assist with meaningful activities, write letters, create a video for loved ones. I can also assist you in organizing your photos, reading, puzzles, help you get started on your journal, do art work with you, assist you in writing your life story, etc.
- Someone to offer non-medical compassionate support as you are holding vigil for a loved one who is at end of life.
- Someone with training and experience in elder care, palliative care and Dementia/Alzheimer’s care, who will advocate for your loved one in a assisted living facility or hospital.